Complaints Information for our Customers:
Complaints Officer Contact Details:
Name: Akbar Patel
Address: 2 Thynne Street, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL3 6BD
How AA Performance handles complaints:
We aim to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
Any complaint verbal or written will be referred to our Complaints Officer at the earliest opportunity or to a member of the senior management if the Complaints Officer is unavailable.
Adviser, Provider or Quality of Goods:
If the complaint is about another party, we will refer details of the complaint to the third party and confirm this course of action to you in writing.
The Complaints Officer will establish the nature and scope of your complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:
Complaints Settled within 3 business days – Informal Complaints Process:
Complaints that can be settled to your satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated via an informal process.
Complaints which cannot be resolved within three business days:
Where the Complaints Officer judges that your complaint cannot be resolved within three business days, or they were unable to resolve your complaint in this period, the formal FCA complaints procedure will be followed. This process requires that we:
- Send you an initial response letter within five days of receiving your complaint, or immediately on realising the informal complaints handling process will not reach a resolution;
- Fully investigate the complaint and, where necessary, make contact with you to seek clarification on any points;
- Send you a final response letter as soon as possible, but no later than eight weeks after receiving the complaint.
Our final response letter will set out clearly our decision and the reasons for it. If any financial redress is offered, a clear method of calculation will be shown, and it will be paid promptly and in full.
We will include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) in our final response.
If we cannot resolve the complaint within eight weeks:
While we would always aim to complete an investigation within eight weeks, if, for any reason, our investigation is not concluded within this period, our Complaints Officer will write to the complainant again. We will inform him/her of the reasons for the further delay and advise that if he/she is not satisfied with our progress he/she may be entitled to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Closing a complaint:
Where we receive confirmation from you that you are satisfied with the findings of the investigation and any resolution we have proposed, your complaint will be considered closed.
Where no confirmation has been received from you within four weeks of our final response letter, your complaint may also be considered closed.
Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS):
It is our policy to treat all customers the same, however, only eligible complainants may refer their complaint onto the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere too.
Eligible complainants are:
- A consumer
- Companies within the EU definition of a microenterprise
- Charities with an annual income of under £6,500,000
- Trustees of a trust with assets of under £5,000,000
- A small business (only an eligible complaint if the conduct took place after the 1st April 2019)
- A guarantor
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:
- Made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant;
- Relating to regulated activity;
- Involving an allegation that the customer has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience;
We will co-operate fully, at all times, with FOS in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by FOS.
The contact details for FOS are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
0800 023 4567 (free for most people ringing from a fixed line)
0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling using a mobile)
+44 20 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad)